Information we collect and use.
We will collect and use personal information about you to respond to your request for products and services offered through the Site. Specifically, we collect information provided by you in connection with obtaining quotes for insurance products and services. For example, you will be asked to provide your full name, address, telephone number, email, and other information in order to be matched to carriers and agents who may provide you a quote for their services. We also collect demographic information. Demographic information is all other information such as gender, zip code, or any information that is not tied to your personal information. In addition, we might receive information about you from other online or offline sources and may add that information to your existing account.
Information Sharing and Disclosure.
Cookies and IP Addresses
You acknowledge and agree that the SMS Service is provided via wireless systems which use radios (and other means) to transmit communications over complex networks. We do not guarantee that your use of the SMS Service will be private or secure, and we are not liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the SMS Service. We may also access the content of your account and wireless account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems and service-related complaints.
Third Party Advertisers. Please note that we can only control its own mailing list and policies. Third party advertisers that maintain their own mailing lists may send communications that advertise our services, and you may need to contact these parties directly in order to stop receiving their email communications.
Confidentiality and Security
The security of your personal information is very important, and we take a number of steps to safeguard it. For example, we limit access to personal information to those employees or agents who assist us in providing requested products and services to you and maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard personal information about you.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Californian consumers have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) AB 375. For us to comply with some of these rights, we must be able to reasonably verify a consumer's identity. These rights include:
1. the right of Californians to know what personal information is being collected about them
2. the right of Californians to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
3. the right of Californians to say no to the sale of their personal information
4. the right of Californians to access their personal information
5. The right to data portability. Californians have the right to request their personal information that they provided to us and use them for their own purposes. We will provide Californians their personal information within 30 days of their request
6. the right of Californians of the deletion of their personal information
7. the right of Californians of equal service, price, and not being discriminated against even if they exercise their privacy rights
8. one or more designated means for Californian consumers to submit requests under the CCPA including (at minimum) a toll-free telephone number, and if the business maintains an Internet website, a website address
9. the right of Californians to designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When designating an authorized agent, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester's valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent's valid government issued identification.
You Have the Right Not to Have Your Personal Information Sold
You have the right to request that we do not sell any of your personal information. Personal information for this section means a natural person's first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements when the name and data elements are not encrypted: social security number, driver's license number, driver authorization card number, or identification card number. Account number, credit card number, or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that would permit access to the person's financial account. A medical identification number or a health insurance identification number. A username, unique identifier, or electronic mail address in combination with a password, access code, or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account.
If you wish to make a CCPA privacy rights request, please contact us at : CCPA Privacy Rights Request telling us that you do not want to have any of your personal information sold. Please include enough personal information so that we can reasonably verify your identification.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular CA User or device ("personal information"). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA Users within the last twelve (12) months.